I fell in love in La Union










Been waiting for hours I can hardly sit still. I keep fidgeting, crossing one leg from the other,then finally the clock strikes 2:00, I logged out of my computer, grabbed my backpack and went straight to the lobby. I have no time to waste. I’ve been planning this for months and finally here I am again taking on another solo adventure.


The anticipation is killing me, as I wait for the car that will take me to the bus station. Minutes later it finally arrived. I jump right in, greeted the driver. 

He started a small conversation by asking me “Are you going home to your province?”

I answered “No, just for vacation”.

Are you on your own ma’am or meeting someone else?” He says. 

And my response was “No Kuya, I’m on my own. I travel solo.”

I saw him gaze at me from the rear-view mirror and I smiled. The silence filled the air for a while then he started a conversation again. “You’re very brave ma’am to be traveling solo, not everyone can do what you’re doing. Well, mostly we Filipino always go by group its much safer that way. Don’t you have a boyfriend?”

I looked at him with a smile and said “I don’t have one kuya and that’s okay. I just wanted to do it on my own at my own pace, I enjoy my time alone. ”

Good luck Ma’am and be safe.” He says.

Thank you!” I looked at him through the rear-view mirror with a smile on my face before looking away to check the time.

Yes! I’m traveling solo again.My longing for something different, something exciting and something new pushed me to where I am now and that’s at the bus station waiting for transportation heading to La Union.


Travel time is roughly 5-7 hours.

I’ve jot down places I wanted to visit in San Fernando, La Union. I can say everything has been planned and every detail has been studied. On the other hand, my mind is set and I’m well aware that things may sometimes go not as planned but I’m ready.

First stop, my hostel named Flotsam and Jetsam. What can I say! I love the place, with its rustic design, cool vibe and summer feels even in the middle of the year, what more can I ask for.








 El Union Coffee.
Coffee lovers a like should have a taste of their signature blend and tasty desserts plus the relaxing vibe it all sums up how great the place is. 




A part from the famous surfing and water activities, La Union also offers historical and heritage sites and Pindangan ruins is one of it.







Macho Temple known as a Taoist temple for the Chinese sea-goddess.The structure of the place is really nice and how the place has been situated in a hill overlooking the South China Sea really amazes me.






Lastly St. William the Hermit Cathedral also known as the San Fernando Cathedral, the seat of the Roman Catholic Diocese of San Fernando, La Union.


I just wished my photos gave enough justice on how beautiful the place is. 

After the days tour, I am now sitting in a bar overlooking the sea indulging with a view that never fails to take my breath away. The sea always filled my heart with longing, the feeling of love that coils from the inside, all this positive emotions, all this thoughts gives me emotions of being alive. I’m now dreaming, drafting for my next trip back to this lovely place. I surely am in love with this place.










Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Talisayen, My Sweet Escape

The streets of Cebu