Talisayen, My Sweet Escape







I have been stuck in the same routine for a month. I realized that I’m starting to feel demotivated and tired doing all the same pattern sleep, work, and home cycle. And so I asked myself, “how to break the monotony of everyday life?”  The answer,“Go travel!”



All I wanted was to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city. I only have one place in mind and that’s the sea, anywhere near a body of water. I always love the tranquility the sea gives me and so I started researching and then I found the perfect spot. Talisayen cove, a place situated between Anawangin and Nagsasa, that’s along the coastline of Zambales.








This time dragging my sister along with me, we packed our bags and our tent and started our journey. The Travel time is roughly 3-4 hours, from Cubao, Quezon City – Olongapo City – San Antonio Zambales – Talisayen cove.






I can say Talisayen is a perfect substitute to other crowded beaches plus the place is less commercialized; it is not swarmed with tourists and is quieter compared to the other famous Zambales destination. Truly I found my piece of heaven on earth.





Here are some of the things we did while on the Island.

1.     Camping (There are no resorts in Talisayen. Camping is the only possible option)







2.    Stroll (Talisayen cove has a long shore line that you should definitely explore)












3.       Swim (The water is so calm and clear no need to bring goggles.)
4.       Trekking





5.      Visit a grotto situated along the coastline







6.     Create a Bonfire 

7.      Indulge in heavenly bodies (Star gazing)






This is just the list of activities we’ve tried while on the island. My favorite was stargazing while lying on the beach. That moment when the moon is nowhere to be found, I think he gave way for the stars to rule the sky that night. Thousands of them flashing and flickering above me, while being soothed by the sound of the sea and being caressed by the breeze that brushes my skin. The smell of salt and sand and the smoke from the nearby bonfire filed the air. I can hear the wave as it gently crashes the shore. I can’t exactly put into words the beauty of that night but one thing is for sure; I found the peace I’ve been looking for.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I fell in love in La Union

The streets of Cebu